Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Legend in Dark Throne Omega server

I logged on to Omega today, and I found out that someone in Beta server holding same account name as me subscribed to premium membership/Legend member. This subscription costs USD 7.99 per month.

What next to do? Before going on, let me be a story teller.

Once upon a time, (lol) I had a Beta server account, my friend had both Omega and Beta account. When he left, he gave away both his Beta and Omega account. He gave his Omega account to me when he had 25 population, apparently he reseted his Omega account before gave it to me, so it looked like freshly created account. His Beta account was given away to someone else I don't know who. Just for information, by default, both Beta and Omega accounts started with same login and password because they're actually same account playing in different test versions. But it's possible to change either Beta or Omega account login information without affecting each other. What he did was changing his Beta login information (email and password) and let the other account as is so it can be used by two different people.

Back to main question, I now hold an Omega account with Legend status paid by someone I don't know yet. If I pretended to know nothing, I'd be morally wrong. If I gave my Omega account to Beta owner, it would break Dark Throne rules. Yes, I'm not kidding, transferring an account to another person is considered illegal/cheating. I do admit that I acquired my current Omega account in illegal way, but to give away again means another rules-breaking move. So now I still have no clue what to do next. There is third option, PM'ing Beta account owner to ask for opinion first.

Note: This post was moved from my other blog

No comments: