Friday, March 30, 2007

Unhealthy looser?

Exam, one word but has many effects in student's life. As a student myself, I can feel something different inside me when I encounter an exam. I can't describe what I feel, I also don't see the point to describe it because most of us know this kind of feeling and if I told you about how I feel, a difference and disagreement could occur. Strange enough, we feel similar, but there is a difference in translating our feeling in words. So now I just assume you have known and felt it.

Despite of how I feel, there is a physically detected behavior because of my emotional reaction about exam. Since two weeks before my mid-term exam begins, I've done more than usual. I go to bed about two hours after my usual schedule, and awake earlier by an hour. Every day I lack of three hours sleep to catch what I've missed in my study or just to reread what I've understood to make sure nothing is missing.

On second thought, it should be unnecessary to do extra works when approaching exam days if I studied properly. The problem is, I have almost a month absent from class because of my health condition. I don't think I'm an unhealthy neither a careless person. I just think I'm physically fragile. Accidentally trapped in a rain for an hour could bring a week in bed because of fever/cold. People think I'm tough, tough enough to play under heavy rain and stay on top condition. I was like that, but it has been about fifteen years since the last time I played soccer in rainy day. I feel I'm getting older and weaker, but I think I should be stronger now considering I'm still 24.

I need a solution about my health and body problem. My father told me that regular eat and enough sleep will improve my condition. But for most of my time, I have sufficient and even scheduled activity including sleeping and having meal. One of my friend once told me that I need something like exercise, work out and sport. I said wow to that, I walk every day for forty minutes in the morning and another forty in the afternoon between house and college. But nothing else can be categorized as sport nor exercise. Maybe I should try joining local sport club.

No comments: